Monday, December 1, 2014

Balls in the Air

As an individual I am prone to distraction.  Yet, I am the mother of three, wife of one, owner of a business, and social butterfly, and with all these balls in the air, I'm in a constant state of bending over to pick them up.



Hell, I don't know why I'm writing this blog post.  I need to change out another load of laundry, I have invoices to finish, and I need to get some food cooking before my kids get here.

I know that if I focused on one task at a time, I'd be better at them, but I seem incapable of this.  As we speak there is a bed upstairs half stripped of sheets, half of the accounts payable are done, there are three baskets of laundry that need folded in the family room, and I'm trying to respond to a text from my sister.

I have intentions of seeing a task to completion, but it seems like just as I'm in the middle of it, there's a fire that needs putting out.

I find myself being completely unorganized, forgetting to check homework, not signing that check, spacing payroll, or missing appointments.

The benefits of all this bad juggling are that my children are fairly self sufficient.  They've had to be. My daughter remembers to check the family calendar, even when I don't.  My son keeps track of the pets.

And it's a damn good thing, I've raised independent self reliant children, or I don't think my kids would eat.  They make their own breakfasts, pack their own lunches, and if they didn't, they'd probably be begging their teachers for half a sandwich.

I find myself saying too often, "Hey remind me to..."

I wake up in the middle of

I started to write something there, but then had to call software support, finish cooking, clean up and get my kids ready for bed. I don't remember what I was writing, and I was going to delete it, but Josh thought it illustrative of what I'm talking about, I can't freaking finish anything.

In the end, what's the alternative.  I'm doing the best I can with what I've got, and my kids are happy and healthy (most of the time).  And the whole reason I'm overwhelmed is because I have so many wonderful blessings in my life, a great family, a stimulating job, fantastic friends

I think this song is my new personal anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment