Wednesday, September 2, 2015

How to Stay Married.

If you're looking for some sage advice on how to stay married, I have it for you.

JUST DO!

That's right.  That's my advice.  The sum and total of my eighteen years of experience on the subject.

How to stay married?  Just do.

I could go into a long diatribe about how I came to this epiphany.  I could tell you about the trials and troubles Josh and I have faced in the last two months, but I won't.

If you want to stay married, just do.  If you don't, just don't.

If a life long marriage is your aim, accept your spouse as they are, now.  Love them unconditionally.  Love yourself unconditionally.  Take the idea of divorce as a problem solver out of the equation.  Don't bring it up with them, don't even let you mind think it. 

This will be hard, at times, maybe even miserable, but you might also learn a ton about how to forgive, how to accept, how to be generous, how to be kind and how to love.


3 comments:

  1. BOOM. Good stuff. I think what people struggle with a lot is what they really want, and that's really at the heart of what you're saying...you gotta know what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, girl! You are very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, girl! You are very wise!

    ReplyDelete