Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Silver Update!

I realized that I hadn't written in a while about the growing-out-the-gray project that I started (you know, the project I started before the Shtopping project, and the saving-my-marriage project).  When I change things up, I CHANGE THINGS UP.

Anyhoo, here's the update:
  • The world did not end.
  • Since I stopped coloring I've saved approximately $400 and 12 hours of time (if I was in Denver, you would double that dollar amount).
  • I don't think about my hair that much.  Not as much as I used to, anyway.  
  • Sometimes I feel old and sad, but it doesn't have much to do with my hair.
  • Sometimes I feel invisible.  Which feels a little like the pressure is off.  I don't mind.
  • This shit is taking for freaking ever.  When you're looking for roots to appear, it seems like they come in over night.  When you're waiting for them to take over, time slows to an eensy-teensy crawl.
  • I haven't seen my real hair in years.  Turns out that it is very dark up top, with lots of nice silver sparklers (some of which poke out and curl around; they having a party!).  But not as gray as I thought it would be.  Very silver on the sides.  Mostly salt and pepper in the back as far as I can tell.
No filters below, just my desk light and a cloudy day (because I haven't seen the sun since 1996, thank you Idaho).  It's grayer in person, with still lots of blonde and orange leftover from the dye.  I'm growing out the length so maybe it will be ombre.  Or I'll look like Rainbow Brite, with every color under the sun.  Mostly, I'm leaving it alone.



This one is a hat:


Also this one:


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment